1.7
Turnaround Time

I purchased a peavy amplifier used from one seller. Pictures of it on the sales site, appeared to be in mint condition.

Seller advertised in mint condition. Open the box it's all scratched up, holes in the front grill, and gouges in it. Finally got Paypal to get it returned. Same Peavy amp.

Different seller. Mint condition. Open the box looks mint. The five times I tried using it three times it wouldn't work.

Finally I took it to a pro repair shop. They get back to me with this diagnosis. Keep in mind the seller I bought the amp from, is a pro amp repair technician. Robert, Our technician found that the amp had been worked on previously and some repairs were not done well.

We can correct the poor repairs but also found that the amp needs a new output transformer and power tubes. The power tubes that were in the amp are weak (not new), and the output transformer is failing. The estimate for the repair is $329.37 and we will have to order some of the parts to complete the work. Please let me know if you approve the estimate and want us to order the needed parts or if you would rather decline the repair and pay only the $85 (plus tax) diagnostic fee.

Thanks, Jeff Gundlach Service Administrator Full Compass Systems This is in a span of one month. You think Reverb.com would want to keep it's reputation? Hey customer sorry for the inconvenience. Here's a credit.

Here's a replacement. Nope they are no help. Good advise stay away from Reverb.com, think new. That $300.00 amp cost me plus $85.00 for professional diagnosis, $65.00 for pre amp tubes it burnt out.

= $450.00. It's going to the garbage can. Cost of a new one. About $500.00.

That's it kids. I'm sticking with buying new again. The one time I didn't because Reverb.com is a trusted site.

I got well you finish my comment. Goodbye forever Reverb.com I hope you lose Thousands for screwing me.

Review about: Peavey Electronics Amplifier.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Preferred solution: Reimburse me, or replace with a equal piece of equipment with warranty.

I didn't like: Reverbcom disconnects itself from completed sales.

Comments